Sunday, July 31, 2011

Yellow

Coldplay wrote a song called, "Yellow". In 1883, a printer in Wyoming accidentally created the first "yellow pages" after he ran out of white paper when creating a telephone directory. Light with a wavelength of 570–590nm is "yellow." A few months ago, I took some pictures of "yellow."


That's my town in the background. The fields around my apartment just bloomed into yellow blankets covering the Earth back in April and May. The farmers harvest the flower for some medicinal reason that I couldn't understand in German.


I ran through this field; I stained my pants yellow.


This hill was a little oasis in the middle of the famous Black Forest in southern Germany. Heinz and I drove for hours just enjoying the beauty and the winding roads of the forest. We came upon this yellow hill and just had to stop.


Heinz was happy to be in the midst of the dandelions (that's him jumping). He stained his shoes running down through the yellow sea of flowers to the car after I told him it was time to go eat lunch.

2 comments:

  1. As the representative of all "my-favorite-color-is-yellow" folk, I thank you for this ode to yellow. Yellow is the best. THE BEST. The sun likes yellow so much that he wears it everyday. Snap, that's right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like yellow, Joy. And I'm glad I could help create a small "ode" to such a great color...even though I tend to favor old gold. ;)

    ReplyDelete